Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dear Edward Eager

Dear Edward Eager,

I enjoyed reading your book, Half Magic. What inspired you to write an amazing story like this? What gave you the idea write about a magical coin that only grants half a wish? When you were little, did you ever believed in magic? Honestly, at the age of 14, I still believe in magic. ^^. Maybe, there isn't magic in planet Earth, but in other universe. When Jane, Mark, Katharine, and Martha possesse the Magical coin, I was jealous. I wish I had a coin that can grant me any wish I want. But I partly learned from your story that I shouldn't take things for granted. I am highly considering to read your other books, such as Magic By The Lake, Magic or Not?, and Seven-Day Magic. ^^. My lowlights of your story was when Martha had wished she had another family. When her wish was granted and she forgot everything. Her siblings had to go on a journey to get the coin from Martha to wish for Martha to come back. My highlights about your stories were all the amazing journeys Martha and her siblings had went on from their granted wishes. Thank you Mr. Eager for writing such an amazing book !! I can't wait to read your other novels!!! ^^.

Sincerely,
Long Hy

4 comments:

Peggy said...

you still believe in magic? wow, to come to think of it i think i do too. hahah! like reading all these books about vampires and stuff makes me wonder if there is any out there. LOL i know im lammeee. but w.e :D sounds like a good book. (:

omgawshh, Nancy (: said...

I agree. I wish I had some magical coin as well. What would you wish for?!

It`s cool to read this :D

GuitarHeroYao said...

A magical coin that grants HALF a wish? How can you get half a wish? I don't get it, lol. I don't really believe in magic, but that doesn't mean I don't like magic. =D I actually love it. Like when someone does a card trick and I'm like wow. o_o

thirsty dion ♥ said...

Long, this sounds like a really interesting book! I love books about magic and adventures and stuff. I think it's cool that you still believe in magic, I'm not sure if I believe in magic fully, but I do believe that there are magical moments. Now I want a magical coin >D