Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Alchemist Questions

The presentation given by my classmates were extremely well. What I found interesting was when the group presented the First question, they had said that Fatima is narcissitic. I found that extremely interesting because Fatima is the woman of the desert and it's her job or Personal legend to wait for her lover to return. What I learned from their presentation is that Pursuing a Personal Legend will contain narcissism. Also, when the group had presented question number three. They said that the Old man(king salem) is Santiago's false hope. From that presentation I learned that you can't always trust the advice given to you. You must question every advice given. Another thing I found interesting was when I learned that Alchemy is a symbol of the mind. The Flame symbolizes our mind. To keep the flame pure, we must feed it with knowledge. Great metaphor. These were the things I found that were most interesting from the presenation given.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

LOL i like wrote exactly what you wrote.. But you wrote it using bigger words. -____- LOLLL.

omgawshh, Nancy (: said...

I was surprised by the fact that the old man could've been a false hope for Santiago. Though, sometimes, we have to trust some things that people may say, no matter how rediculous it is. Rarely. Well, yeah. &I also agree with the part that the knowledge could be like hte mind`s food.